Australia is heading toward’s Spring, but you’d be forgiven for thinking that today was winter all over again.
So, we thought we would find you a stew to prepare tonight.
A delicious, comforting and warm stew perfect for vegans, vegetarians or even the meat eaters would love this stew.
It’s full of healthy fats, add in some tofu for extra protein or pair with wild rice for extra grains.
Cauliflower, Coconut oil, Ginger, Turmeric Stew
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 medium head cauliflower, stemmed and cut into bite-size florets
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded, chopped
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 can full-fat, unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
In a medium stock pot, heat the coconut oil for 30 seconds on medium heat.
Add the cumin seeds and stir until they start to sputter. Then add the onions and cook for another minute, and then, add the tomatoes, stir and cook for a few more minutes until the tomatoes soften.
Add the rest of the ingredients and stir together. Cover the pan and simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to keep from burning.
Ladle the soup into 4 serving bowls and enjoy! If you have leftover stew you can always store in an air-tight container and saved for lunch the next day.